Friday 24 May 2013

Pinneberg (DDK3) HF Weather Facsimile Transmissions

I have posted before about receiving weather and shipping facsimile transmissions on HF, for a couple of days I have been using the FCDP+ and WXSat to do some decoding, also been investigating some of the mysterious RTTY transmissions you also find.

Interestingly my previous experiment was using an Alinco Scanner with SSB capability, produced better results than using the FCDP+ and SDR#. not really sure why. It appears the some processing of the audio upsets WXSat, I have tried many settings and adjustments but the decodes haven't been brilliant clear despite the signal being very strong and clear, many of the faxs have come in with odd 'stepping' where portions of the image go out of sync which I have corrected in PaintShop Pro.

Any way, here is a small selection of the images I've decoded from the Deutscher Wetterdienst, broadcast on 7880 kHz (DDK3) from Pinneberg in Germany,





















 

No comments: