Friday 25 January 2008

74% - ok this is starting to worry me now!



Well this "chkdsk /r" has been running since 6:30pm last night, so has been running for 13 hours! When I got out of bed an hour ago it was saying 74%

Just had my usual half an hour of browsing on my standby PC and I switched the KVM back to the suspect machine to check progress and it was saying 55%... wtf! Mind you the drive light was flickering frantically and it started to count up, currently at 72%!

Not sure my nerves can take it anymore, probably finish and find it has decided to format the drive!

HOLD THE PRESS - as I was compiling this post the machine has finished checking the disk, as I suspected it has found and fixed some errors and is in the process of rebooting as I type. Things are looking promising as it just got past the login screen!

No comments: